Marketing & Social Media Intern
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual to join us as a Marketing and Social Media Intern at our London office, to support the growth of our brand. Your role will be to take the lead on our social media activity - planning, creating and scheduling content and campaigns that are in line with our overall messaging pillars while factoring in national health awareness topics. You will take an active role driving engagement on our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn and our blog). You will need to have a passion for writing both long and short form copy, as you will be crafting various messages for different audience groups at the same time. We operate a flat structure, so you will have the opportunity to learn from the extended team (product, technology, support, business development) and participate in various brainstorms, design sprints, editorial meetings and stand-ups. Moreover, you will be working on a product that helps people become healthier, ultimately making a difference in the lives of people with long-term health challenges - which can be the most rewarding part of your career.
HealthUnlocked is the world’s largest social network for health, connecting people with the same health needs and chronic conditions to each other.
A new diagnosis can be a scary - and lonely - time. You might not know anyone else with the same condition - in fact, we know from our user surveys that more than ⅔ of our users didn’t know anyone with the same condition before they joined. It’s impossible to overstate how different it feels talking to someone who’s been there before; to someone who understands.
This is why HealthUnlocked exists. We’re a platform for self-care. Our network is made up of over 700 communities built around health and wellbeing needs, to help you find credible information, peer-support and advice about your health challenge.
The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the social media landscape including blogging and have excellent writing and communication skills. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the Marketing Lead on day-to-day activities which include (but are not limited to):
- Creating and scheduling content for HealthUnlocked’s social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn & YouTube)
- Actively monitor social media to encourage engagement from others with our brand
- Participate in online outreach, recruit influencers/ambassadors to co-create content for our brand
- Perform social media audits and reports, to identify best performing content types
- Participate in editorial planning meetings/brainstorming
- Plan and write blog posts in line with our monthly editorial themes
- Community management of social media channels, responding to comments and mentions
- Finding trending opportunities/hashtags on Twitter to inject our brand into the conversation
- Work with the Marketing Lead to conceptualise and implement campaigns
- Support the Marketing Lead in creating content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis
- Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts
- Provide support to our marketing team at events, including creating content for product collateral.
- Team breakfast on Mondays - followed by a weekly team meeting to kick-start the week on a high
- Relaxed office culture - we have a flat structure and an open plan environment to facilitate integration across teams and promote our entrepreneurial spirit
- Monthly socials - Our Fun Committee is dedicated to bringing you the most exciting socials and team building activities which range from cocktail making classes to rooftop cinema to name a few.